Applied-Upstream field for Patch Tagging Guidelines (DEP-3)

Hi,

When a new upstream version is released, I have to check all patches if
they were accepted by upstream or not. I have to check each patch if I
can drop it. It would make packaging new releases easier if there were
an optional Applied-Upstream field. Every patch that was applied
upstream can be dropped. "no" or "not-yet" would indicate that the patch
was not applied yet. If the patch was applied, it could contain the
revision (like "r4681") or a link to the VCS commit.

What do you think about my suggestion?

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)