Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

Tollef wrote:

>I realise you've had good an constructive responses for webapps, so
>commenting on /srv in particular:
>
>As I read it, putting stuff there is absolutely not fine.  It's even
>more off-limits than /usr/local (where you can create directories, but
>not remove them).

I'm still unconvinced by /srv personally - we've strived for years in
Debian to make things work as much as possible straight from initial
installation, yet now we're expected to deliberately leave services
unconfigured. I don't think this is progress for most of our users...

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis