Re: DEB_MAINTAINER_MODE=1 versus DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=network.

On Mon, Sep 28 2009, Paul Wise wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> in my first experimentations I used DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, but this leads
>> to the possibility of clashing with flag names that can be reserved
>> later with a different behaviour. On the other hand, if there are
>> enough packages made using the same convention, then we may set the
>> standard by our usage. Would there be other maintainers interested in
>> using a 'network' flag for DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS?
>
> Just use something like DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=x-check-network until there
> is an option for this enshrined in policy.

        Creating a working example, which is used in a number of
 packages (enough packages that most of the kinks in implementation of
 the handling have been worked out) would be a great first step towards
 getting it into policy anyway.

        manoj
--
I am here by the will of the people and I won't leave until I get my
raincoat back.- a slogan of the anarchists in Richard Kadrey's