Re: DEB_MAINTAINER_MODE=1 versus DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=network.

Le Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 01:12:14PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 28 2009, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> in my first experimentations I used DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, but this leads
> >> to the possibility of clashing with flag names that can be reserved
> >> later with a different behaviour. On the other hand, if there are
> >> enough packages made using the same convention, then we may set the
> >> standard by our usage. Would there be other maintainers interested in
> >> using a 'network' flag for DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS?
> >
> > Just use something like DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=x-check-network until there
> > is an option for this enshrined in policy.
>
>         Creating a working example, which is used in a number of
>  packages (enough packages that most of the kinks in implementation of
>  the handling have been worked out) would be a great first step towards
>  getting it into policy anyway.

Hi all,

since there was no ‘me too’ message in this thread from developers wanting to
optionaly enable network tests, I will keep on using DEB_MAINTAINER_MODE and
will not go further in proposing a new DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS flag.

This said, I will be happy to update my package to use DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS in the
future if some standard emerges.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy