Re: Copyright infringement on www.rossbeazley.co.uk — Overreacting?

Obey Arthur Liu <arthur@milliways.fr> writes:

> And how is planet debian licensed anyway ? There is an implicit
> licensing of the blog authors to the planet since aggregation is
> voluntary but what about redistribution ? :D

Personally, my journal posts are intentionally not released under any
license whatsoever.  That means, as far as I'm concerned, that people need
to follow usual and customary implicit licensing rules and fair use rules
which, given that I provide an RSS feed, would allow aggregation.
(Similar to how posting something to Usenet grants an implicit license to
distribute the post throughout Usenet given that it's how the medium
works.)

If they do something unusual with my blog entries, such as create
derivative works, modify the entries, or obscure the authorship, without
obtaining an implicit license and outside the realms of fair use, I
reserve the right to sue them, and there are no statements anywhere in my
blog that waive any of those rights.

This is intentional on my part.  Those things on my web site that are
intended to be released under a free license are explicitly marked as
such, but my personal blog is not something I feel comfortable doing that
with in general.