Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

Hi,

On Montag, 28. September 2009, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> I realise you've had good an constructive responses for webapps, so
> commenting on /srv in particular:
>
> As I read it, putting stuff there is absolutely not fine.

Where do you read this?

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#FTN.AEN1192 explicitly
says: "This is particularly important as these areas will often contain both
files initially installed by the distributor, and those added by the
administrator." which to me very much sounds like the distributor (=Debian
here) can place directories there...

regards,
	Holger