Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 02:15:43PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I don't find the existing behavior confusing, especially since there
> is nnnn-submitter@

The problem with the -submitter@ mail alias is that it does not get
changed in the forward, so that when a submitter hits 'reply' in his
MUA, he will get his own response, but the person asking for follow-up
information in the first place doesn't get to see that data.

I understand why header mangling is a bad thing in general, and am not
suggesting that this be implemented; but as bug submitters are generally
people who are less knowledgeable about the BTS than are package
maintainers, it usually is easier to just Cc the submitter on a question
than it is to use -submitter (and deal with misdirected replies
afterward).

trying to fool the system.