Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 04:21:50PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> [090910 16:09]:
> > Do others feel we should enable emailing the submitter by default?
> > there are some reasons not to?
>
> But reporters are sacrifing some of their time to help us make our
> distribution better. Do you really think we should scare them away
> by rewarding bug reports by pulling the reporters in lengthy
> discussions how the bug is best fixed?

This is subjective. I know of several bug reporters who would either
be happy to see that their bug is being dicussed/attended to, or even
be able to pariticipate in the fixing efforts if their technical
knowledge falls in the category of that bug.

Just my view, I try to remember to Cc the reporter, but I'd much
rather prefer being subscribed to bugs as I report them.

Kumar