Re: udev and /usr

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 05:24:19AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> FYI, udev 146 ships usb-id and pci-id programs which read
> /usr/share/misc/usb.ids and /usr/share/misc/pci.ids .
> udev itself does not care about the results of these programs but other
> programs which used to use HAL may do, leading to subtle breakage.

Why do you not extend the current setup to do another step? Currently we
have two
- in the initramfs with only minimal information and
- during the rcS run with / available.

You could just add another ("change") trigger run after all filesystems
are available. (Okay, this extra names must not be used in the fstab at
all then.)

Bastian

--
Intuition, however illogical, is recognized as a command prerogative.
		-- Kirk, "Obsession", stardate 3620.7