Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash without dash essential

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:31:04AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
>>         I think you are not going far enough. Why should I have dash on
>>  the system when my default shell is posh? or (gasp) zsh?
>
> Why would you set your default shell to posh?  It's only marginally smaller
> than dash, and my understanding is that it's slower.  It's more minimal from
> a policy perspective, but I don't see that this is relevant for a live
> Debian system.

Because I'm just in love with posh and dash sucks. Bah, stupid dash,
give me my posh. :)))

Give me the freedom to choose.

> What's the advantage of having it be zsh?  Is zsh faster than dash?  Or is
> the only savings the elimination of the 84k dash binary from /bin?

Plus the libaries dash depends on (if they differ from posh) and the
larger memory footprint of having 2 different shells running.

MfG
        Goswin