Re: architecture wildcards, type-handling, etc.

brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> (14/05/2009):
> I've worked on FTBFS-with-new-GCC bugs before, and realized only after
> putting significant work into the bug that the package didn't build on
> amd64, only on i386.  Therefore, I think that the package should have
> a proper list of archs that prevents this problem.  P-a-s is fine for
> the buildds, but if you actually want people to volunteer to fix bugs
> on your package, you shouldn't make it harder on them.

Which is why people are expected to:
 - Make their packages FTBFS ASAP in the build system, to make it
   obvious it's not intended to even be tried on $archs.
 - Then get the P-a-s entry added.

Mraw,
KiBi.