Re: deprecating /usr as a standalone filesystem?

Stephen Gran wrote:
This one time, at band camp, Josselin Mouette said:
Le jeudi 07 mai 2009 à 11:02 +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :
Those who want a read-only ‘/usr’ don't seriously try to leave it
read-only while installing or upgrading packages, do they?
But with RPM this works!

If that is the case, that's about the only thing that works with RPM.

*works* ? I don't think this is a "feature".
IMHO the right thing is like debian: admins explicitly
add hook to remount partition rw, before installing package.
I don't like that by "default" a package management will override
mount options.

Or I missed what RPM do with read-only partitions?

ciao
	cate

PS: moving to d-curiosa?