Re: deprecating /usr as a standalone filesystem?

>> So, does anybody still see reasons to continue supporting a standalone
>> /usr?
> There had been lots of responses to that.

> You havent presented any supporting your request, so why do you
> want it? Please provide a detailed real-world case. A partial list of
> invalid reasons is: - "Some upstream wont fix his software to be FHS
> compatible"

As there is still not a single response from the original proposer as to
why this should be done, I think this is a dead issue. If not even the
proposer cares enough to present some real world use cases why one wants
to do it, why should Debian at a whole care?

--
bye, Joerg
<liw> I'm kinky and perverse, but my illness is laziness