Re: "Debian is switching to EGLIBC"

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 02:21:05PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> So I think the problem here is not that you made a technically bad
> decision.  It sounds like you made a good decision. It's how it was
> communicated.
>
> 1) It didn't happen on any of the official Debian places that
> developers read.  Nothing on debian-devel or d-d-a.

I remember having bitten by this by myself, with a much less important
announcement delivered via my blog to planet and not there. It was
debcheckout and the funny part was that from a follow-up of yours,
pretty much like this one, I realized my mistake :-)

Since then, I took the habit of both blogging *and* either mailing the
appropriate list or drop a line to
http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews , so that the news _eventually_
gets delivered to d-d-a.

The good news is that Aurelien did that too :-), see the page and its
history. So the only (potentially) debatable issue here is the urgency
of the announcement, which doesn't seem so urgent to me.

I'd be more interested in knowing whether people have suggestions
about where to write down that it is discouraged to put
development-related announcement only on planet (even though it was
not the case here).

Cheers.