Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:04:50AM +0200, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

> Anyway, the first rule of internet:
> "be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others",
> so people should accept wrong CC:s without crying, and people should follow
> the CoC when sending mails.

The main problem for people like me who subscribe to a lot of lists
is that different groups have different requirements.  Debian doesn't
like CCs, others require them, others are indifferent.  It's not easy
to always do the correct thing--I don't want to remember all the
list-specific requirements, just send a reply.

We should really be using usenet rather than mailing lists...  It
solves all of the problems and is vastly superior.  It's totally
geared to group discussion, handles crossposting to related groups,
and also allows mailing replies rather than public posting.  Some
groups (e.g. CUPS) handle this by having a public news server with
an (optional) mail gateway for backward people who prefer mail.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh