Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

On 27 Apr 18:49, Noah Slater wrote:
> > So, user error, not software error...
>
> This illustrates my point perfectly!
>
> It's not user error, because I'm just doing what I've learnt to do.

Erm - how's that not user error? What you've learnt is obviously wrong. Relearn
how to use your MUA efficiently.

> When
> software use becomes habitual, usability is increased. This is how usability is
> defined, instead of some abstract sense. Software that behaves according to a
> user's mental model is easy to use. Forcing people to adjust their behaviour is
> a poor substitute for a technical solution.
>
> Software should adapt to human behaviour, not the other way around.

So, change your software configuration. The list software is doing the correct
thing, the user agent is obviously your failing point here - so, either use a
different MUA or configure your current MUA to do what you expect it to.

BTW, MUAs are software too!

*sigh*.
--
Brett Parker