Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

On 28 Apr 03:58, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> Ben Finney a écrit :
> > Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> writes:
> >
> >> Yes, I know the L command, but thanks for pointing it out! My argument
> >> is that I have to remember to use when I am replying to the Debian
> >> lists, which as you can see, doesn't happen very often.
> >
> > No, the point of a ‘reply to list’ command is you *don't* have to
> > remember when to use it. Just use it every time you reply to any list,
> > and it will DTRT because it uses the standard fields which are in just
> > about every mailing list anywhere. The times when it doesn't will be the
> > rare ones.
>
> Why do these functions not do a normal "Reply" when not applied to a
> mail contained within a list? What do they do then? If they also do the
> right thing for a non-list mail, why are not they bound by default to
> be the main "Reply" button? That is a real question, btw, no irony implied.

Because you don't always want to reply to the list. I rather like that Reply
means "reply to the person that wrote the e-mail" rather than "reply to the
list, the list wants to know, really".

--
Brett Parker