Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:10:14PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> I tried hard, for many years, to love the Mail-Followup-To field, but I
> must agree that it doesn't serve the purpose well enough to recommend.
> (Briefly: it breaks when a discussion crosses between different mailing
> lists, and other common use cases.)

I don't think that is a problem with the field, but the MUA programs.
Mutt, for example, AFAIK will list all mailing lists in the
autogenerated Mail-Folloup-To, without allowing the user to change this
(unless the user overrides the entire field) or pick only one mailing
list.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.debian.net>