Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> (following up on IRC discussion)
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
> >         I suggest, for readability, to use a subset of markdown; the
> >  link and image tags are not that human readable.
> reStructuredText <URL:http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html> (reST)
> is, I argue, a superior choice to Markdown for our existing format.

Note that, like Manoj, I'm suggesting only a *subset*, not the full

 \        “Like the creators of sitcoms or junk food or package tours, |
  `\         Java's designers were consciously designing a product for |
_o__)                       people not as smart as them.” —Paul Graham |
Ben Finney