Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

       Do we really have nothing better to do than to impose
bureaucratic rules on what characters to use as bullet symbols in long
descriptions even if the user can tell that the character is a bullet?

The user can tell, but scripts can't reliably.  Long descriptions are
used in several places and some of these could render a better layout.
A good layout is pleasing for users.  So it is not stupid bureaucracy
but making our descriptions better readable (for instance on packages.d.o
and other places).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--