Re: Standardizing use of kernel hook scripts

Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> > On Wed, Apr 01 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
>> [make-kpkg]
>
> Well, there's still some kernel options that are immutable and
> multiple choice. And there's always people that want to optimize. Out of
> laziness (or maybe having better things to do? <g>) my current setups
> aren't make-kpkg'ed, but it would depress me if, after using make-kpkg
> for years and years, I wanted to use it again one day and found that it
> didn't work anymore.

Tyler,

Same point as made in reply to Darren: we're not trying to find out if
anyone is using make-kpkg, but whether anyone is using hook scripts that
rely on the second parameter that gets passed to them.
And, more in general, whether that second parameter is still needed/useful
in a new API for calling the hook scripts.