Re: How to depend on 32bit libs on amd64? (and what to do with ia32-libs)

Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> (01/04/2009):
>   Although I admit that schroot is a neat tool to deal with that, it is
> overkill in the case of wine, and much too complex for users that would
> be interested to use wine: one of the public that can be attracted to
> the GNU/Linux side of the game is gamers - especially now that there are
> so many *recent* games that work with it. Telling them: «well, you'll
> have to build a ia32 chroot to play...» is likely to drive them off for
> good.

I can't really see why wine couldn't embed a script to do the needed
work. Users would need to call a single command to prepare the
environment. It could, I guess, even be done in the postinst.

Mraw,
KiBi.