Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 07:10:46PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > A license check must, by definition, involve each file in the package.
> >
> > As re-quoted from the quote you previously quoted:
> >
> >   "I don't see why it should be considered that much extra effort documenting
> >   the process."
> >
> > Best,
>
> Please try it then.
>
> take the kdelibs source package, start with taking time on how long it
> takes to verify that everything is gpl compatible and then afterwards
> try list every single copyright holder and put it in the proposed
> copyright file and also measure the time spent on that.

Two errors here:

  * I didn't include the time of checking each file, which you should be doing
    anyway. No doubt this can take a long time sometimes. I was only talking
    about the additional work of noting each license down.

  * I have made it perfectly clear that noting copyright holders was not
    something I was talking about. Please do not mangle my position like this.