Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/typesetting.html

The very long lengths seem to come mostly from lists of CTAN packages
in a Debian package; I find these useful, as I can "apt-cache search
CTAN_package" to find it in Debian.

Yes, I'm sure there are reasons for just putting everything into
the description of a package - but as this thread shows there are
also reasons against - and I wonder how many users are bored about
overlongish descriptions compared to those who grep apt-cache
output.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--