Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Neil Williams wrote:

My comment for this RFC is, therefore, that better formatting for long
descriptions should include a review of whether the long description
deserves to be that long in the first place, whether the long
description merely duplicates data already available via debtags and
whether the long description should be trimmed for the package in
question *as well as* standardising the formatting of what remains.

I agree that some descriptions are definitely to long.  I wonder who
should really read some descriptions to the end.  Bad examples can be
viewn here:

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/typesetting.html

Kind regards

       Andreas.