Re: DEB_VENDOR and forks

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > I see how we can solve it (add new fields in /etc/dpkg/origins/* to
> > describe parent relationship, and create a new tool to query those
> > meta-information) but I wonder what impact you expect it would have
> > on the decision of exporting DEB_VENDOR in the build environment.
> >
> > Would you like a DEB_VENDORS="Gobuntu Ubuntu Debian" or similar
> > so that no external tool is required ?
> >
> > ifneq (,$(filter Ubuntu,$(DEB_VENDORS)))
> >     # Ubuntu or derivative
> > endif
>
> what about a command is_derivative <DEB_VENDOR> which could be used instead?
> This wouldn't hard-code any specific vendor names.

I don't see your point. In the example above $(DEB_VENDORS) is created by
dpkg-buildpackage (so not hardcoded) and Ubuntu is the parameter of the
"is_derivative_of()" logical function.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/