Re: Environment variables, debian/rules and dpkg-buildpackage

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:36:07AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> # in debian/rules
> -include  /etc/buildpackage.mk

It seems to me that you are indeed close, but with the exception of
this required include in all our debian/rules, which will be a PITA to
achieve. AFAIU Raphael's proposal, the site-specific configuration
will be achieved via dpkg-buildpackage config's file, without needing
to include anything explicitly in debian/rules, while you are
insisting in the explicit include.

While I understand (though I disagree) with your reasons for having
that include, that looks like a major differences in the two positions
still.

Cheers.