Re: Forcing version on dependency, how?

Hello Jean-Yves,

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> 2009/3/14 Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es>
> > Hello, Jean-Yves.
> >
> > Please mail your questions about packaging to
> > debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.
> I'm not sure I like to classify as "newbie"

Everybody has stuff to learn but your mail made it clear that you had a
lot to learn yet about libraries and automatic dependencies:
- it's not ${misc:Depends} but ${shlibs:Depends}
- those are generated by dpkg-shlipdeps and its manual pages should give
  you enough information to understand how they are generated
- automatic dependencies are handled by the libraries that provide them
  and it's not a good idea to try to override them

The packaging manual is an entry point, it doesn't contain all the infos
that one should know.

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :