Re: DebConf10 to take place in New York City, USA

hi all,
if you need a visa to the USA, just ask the NY team to send you an invitation (if possible from an association).
the invitation should be addressed to your company (so ask your company to support you).
ask also the NY team to send a copy of this invitation to your local US embassy.
kind regards
hatem

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Victor H De la Luz <itztli@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Patrick Ouellette <pouelle@debian.org> wrote:

> With respect to visa issues, early application is always a good ideal.
> I work for a US government agency that hosts international guests for
> training three to four times a year.  We usually don't know who is going
> to show up until we actually see the people arrive on the first day of
> training.  This is usually due to trying to rush the visa process.
>
> If someone *thinks* they want to attend DebConf10, I suggest they commit
> to attending and apply for a visa sooner rather than later.  It just makes
> things easier.  This advice applies anytime a visa is needed to visit any
> country, not just the USA.
>
> Pat
>
> --
>
> Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
> ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO
> "Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"
> "Your arguments are an odd mix of overly optimistic on one side and overly
> pessimistic on the other"
>

> --

And if you are rejected, then always exists the mexican "coyotes" to
cross the border (is a joke but is real)...

--
ItZtLi