Re: Override changes standard -> optional

[Russ Allbery]
> The vast majority of Debian installations don't use LDAP NSS maps,
> though.  I know that Debian-Edu does heavily, which makes it quite
> reasonable for you to want to install it, but I'm not sure it makes
> sense for Debian as a whole.

Note that I did not propose to install nscd on all Debian systems.
The list of packages I proposed to add for Debian as a whole was this
shorter list:

  consolekit, dmidecode, ethtool, finger, fping, gdebi, hdparm, iftop,
  iotop, less, libpam-ck-connector, lsscsi, memtest86, mtr-tiny,
  ncftp, nmap, nullidentd (replacing pidentd), pciutils, procinfo,
  psmisc, strace, tcpdump, tcptraceroute, traceroute, wget

> (Does nscd honor DNS TTLs properly yet?  Last time I looked at it,
> its DNS caching was horribly broken, but it's been quite a while.)

I would recommend making sure nscd do not cache DNS entries.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen