Re: Vcs-* fields policy

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 08:29:48PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> The only reasonable heuristic to identify a TopGit repository is to
> use to use git-ls-remote and look if the remote has top-bases:
>
>   git ls-remote git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/topgit.git refs/top-bases/\*
>
> this means two network connections, but there is no other way;
> topgit is not a build dependency for packages using it.

OK, so, should I consider this reply of yours an ACK to implement TopGit
support this way, without resorting to a new field in the Vcs-*
namespace?

If so, I would love a wishlist bugreport about it ...

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the