Re: Suggested improvements to the release-critical bug tracker

"Michael Gilbert" <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> writes:
>> Try the alternative interface on http://bts.turmzimmer.net, which
>> provides everything you proposed (and quite a bit more)
> Thanks, that is quite a bit more useful.  Where can I send suggestions
> for improvements to turmzimmer?

Officialy, the page is run by Andreas Barth. Effectively, we (that's
Andreas, Martin Zobel-Helas and me) have handed out the code to people
interested on working on it and applied patches on the actual
installation.

> Will this service ever be adopted as the official debian RC bug
> tracker?

Not in its current form. The code base is a horrible hack, slow and
hardly maintainable. To move this to a debian.org host, it needs to be
rewritten from scratch, simply cause the current code is beyond
repair. I have suggested to use the UDD as basis for this, but doing so
will need some tuning of the DB before you can get it to run reasonably
fast.

Marc
--
BOFH #272: