Re: Vcs-* fields policy

also sprach Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> [2008.09.15.0821 +0100]:
> Developer's reference, chapter 6.2.5; consider debcheckout the
> reference implementation.

Thanks. I was looking in policy.

> Can you please tell us a bit more about why it should be handled
> differently than and what would be the benefits?

Well, TopGit needs to clone the so-called top-bases too, so in
addition to the git-clone call, it needs a tg-remote call. I don't
know how to make that happen using Vcs-Git.

"we have a firm commitment to nato, we are a part of nato.
 we have a firm commitment to europe. we are a part of europe."
                                                      - george w. bush