Re: Suggested improvements to the release-critical bug tracker

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 02:55:40PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> I've noticed that most issues tracked on the release-critical bug
> tracker [1] are actually already fixed in unstable.  This is leading
> to the perception there are an enormous number of unfixed
> release-critical issues for lenny (298 currently).  And it makes it
> harder to figure out which issues actually need attention (you have to
> look at each bug report separately to figure which do and do not have
> fixed versions in unstable).  Currently, there are probably less than
> 50 unfixed bugs, but it appears that there are six times that many.
> The other 250 are already fixed in unstable, and waiting to migrate to
> testing.

Elaborating on Marc's response,
http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=both&sortby=packages&ignmerged=on
shows 154 RC bugs that are outstanding in both testing and unstable.

Which does not mean there are only 154 RC bugs that still need to be fixed -
a number of the RC bugs that are fixed in unstable have been fixed in ways
that are unsuitable for unblocking for the release, or have introduced new
build failures that need to be resolved before the packages can propagate,
and therefore still require attention.