Re: RFC: DKMS - Dynamic Kernel Module Support

On jeu, 2008-09-11 at 18:02 +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Do you actually have a working build system? Must you have a build
> system on every host?

I have one on a testbed yes. I have a box which has dkms,
build-essential and headers installed. I import the driver source
tarball, run dkms mkdeb, then I end with a .deb containing a “dkms
archive”.

When I install the package on another box (where I only need dkms), it
will run dkms import on the archive, then install the binary module.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis