Re: Correct way to rename a binary package

Hi there!

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:24:47 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>>> in the binary section of hunchentoot, I think you have to add
>>>
>>> Replaces: cl-hunchentoot
>>> Conflicts: cl-hunchentoot
>>
>> If you want to provide a transitional binary package cl-hunchentoot
>> which depends on hunchentoot you can't use this conflicts.
>
> That's why we use versioned Conflicts on the version that are
> non-empty.

Since I want to support smooth upgrades, I need to do the following:

  Package: hunchentoot
  Version: 2.0
  Provides: cl-hunchentoot [1]
  Replace: cl-hunchentoot (<< 2.0)
  Conflicts: cl-hunchentoot (<< 2.0)

  Package: cl-hunchentoot
  Depends: hunchentoot

Am I correct?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] not strictly useful since `apt-cache rdepends cl-hunchentoot`
    returns no packages, but I think I'll add it anyway