Re: Correct way to rename a binary package

Ciao Luca,

> I'll proceed in the following way for debian/control: rename
> cl-hunchentoot to hunchentoot and then create the transitional binary
> package cl-hunchentoot which depends on hunchentoot.
>
> Is this OK?  Do I need something else?

in the binary section of hunchentoot, I think you have to add

Replaces: cl-hunchentoot
Conflicts: cl-hunchentoot

(don't know if they have to be versioned) too, so when you upgrade
cl-hunchentoot it will install hunchentoot but, since it conflicts
with cl-hunchentoot, the transitional package *should* be removed.

I did this for pyopenssl binary package transition, so you can may
have a look at it.

I'd like to hear some other suggestions, of course (there's always
something to learn more ;) ).

Cheers,
Sandro