Re: Packaging a project using cmake

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 09:25:23PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> $ superdupertool libfoo.so
> >>=> this lib requires libstdc++6 at least version 4.0.2

> > dpkg-shlibdeps run during build does that and then dpkg-gencontrol
> > replaces the ${shlibs:Depends} in control file

> All this is kindda new to me. When I was looking at debian package
> that use cmake to be build, I assumed the value in the control files
> where hardcoded.

You should read the Debian Policy[1] and Best Packaging Practices
from Delopers reference[2]. Else you will generate packages that
look superfically correct, but, are in fact buggy. IE don't develop
by guesswork.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups