Re: Packaging a project using cmake

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2008-06-07, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Are you talking about using cmake to *build the deb*  or just about
>>> packaging a project using cmake?
>>>
>>> If you are talking about the former, please forget it.
>>
>> What do you mean ? Indeed I want the whole process from src to .deb
>> handled by cmake.
>
> Then please forget it. That doesn't make proper debs.

because...

>> I made some prelimianary versions at:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=137895&package_id=197047&release_id=603764
>
>> You need to use cmake 2.6.0 (none of the dpkg-* utils are needed in
>> the process).
>
> And this is where the cmake folks are wrong (I once wrote them a long
> email about it).

link, please ?

>> But if you take the souce tarball, dpkg-buildpackage should work too. Ref:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-med@lists.debian.org/msg03663.html
>
> I stopped looking when
>  * no builddepenencies except cmake and debhelper
>  * one package filled with development packages and stuff.

Well thanks ! That was a good bug report, indeed I forgot to duplicate
cmake stuff into the equivalent debian file. I'll fix ASAP. But it
should read:

  SET(CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS "libc6, libstdc++6 (>= 4.0.2-4),
libuuid1, zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.0.2), libexpat1, swig")

  Everytime I look at a debian package, it seems that those values are
somehow hardcoded. I would think that a human is actually checking
those versions, correct ? Or is there a tool that would say:

$ superdupertool libfoo.so
=> this lib requires libstdc++6 at least version 4.0.2

Thanks,
--
Mathieu