Re: Packaging a project using cmake

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2008-06-07, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>>   I am working on cleaning up the packaging of my project (GDCM) using
>> cmake so that the .deb produced is consistant with the debian package.
>> I was wondering if anyone had done the work before ? I am currently
>> struggling on how to do it properly when installing python module
>> (what is the layout, how do you know the python target installation
>> directory...)
>
> Are you talking about using cmake to *build the deb*  or just about
> packaging a project using cmake?
>
> If you are talking about the former, please forget it.

What do you mean ? Indeed I want the whole process from src to .deb
handled by cmake.

I made some prelimianary versions at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=137895&package_id=197047&release_id=603764

You need to use cmake 2.6.0 (none of the dpkg-* utils are needed in
the process).

But if you take the souce tarball, dpkg-buildpackage should work too. Ref:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-med@lists.debian.org/msg03663.html

Thanks,
--
Mathieu