Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Friday 19 December 2008 10:01, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> Well, you could also argue that "in intend to offend" means "present things
> as if it was offensent", much like when calling someone a geek is meant as
> an insult...

Exactly.

Also I had a brief off-list discussion with Joss about this in which I said of
the post in question:
# I actually wasn't offended.  It merely confirmed my already low opinion of
# you.

It seems a great stretch to claim that I am homophobic when I have already
stated that I was not offended by the post in question.

It's the desire to offend others that I find offensive in this case.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog