The firmware GR

Hi,

I don't think d-d-a is meant to be used as a forum, but since others are
doing so, I guess it's fine if I join.

> With these hopefully solid plans in place for the release, we feel the
> need to acknowledge that there is an ongoing vote whose outcome could
> potentially disrupt them.

Luk is referring to 11 bugs in linux-2.6 which all have a 'patch' tag, and
which the maintainers have been ignoring so far.  Option 1 wouldn't cause any
"disruption" to the release process, other than moving support for these chips
to non-free when the patches are applied.  Any other delay is self-imposed.

  http://bugs.debian.org/494007
  http://bugs.debian.org/494009
  http://bugs.debian.org/494010
  http://bugs.debian.org/494308
  http://bugs.debian.org/501152
  http://bugs.debian.org/501153
  http://bugs.debian.org/502663
  http://bugs.debian.org/502665
  http://bugs.debian.org/502666
  http://bugs.debian.org/502667
  http://bugs.debian.org/502669

I hope this helps everyone pick the options they feel most comfortable with.

Sincerely,

--
Robert Millan