Re: The firmware GR

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:36:50AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't think d-d-a is meant to be used as a forum, but since others are
> doing so, I guess it's fine if I join.
>
> > With these hopefully solid plans in place for the release, we feel the
> > need to acknowledge that there is an ongoing vote whose outcome could
> > potentially disrupt them.
>
> Luk is referring to 11 bugs in linux-2.6 which all have a 'patch' tag, and
> which the maintainers have been ignoring so far.  Option 1 wouldn't cause any
> "disruption" to the release process, other than moving support for these chips
> to non-free when the patches are applied.  Any other delay is self-imposed.
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/494007
>   http://bugs.debian.org/494009
>   http://bugs.debian.org/494010
>   http://bugs.debian.org/494308
>   http://bugs.debian.org/501152
>   http://bugs.debian.org/501153
>   http://bugs.debian.org/502663
>   http://bugs.debian.org/502665
>   http://bugs.debian.org/502666
>   http://bugs.debian.org/502667
>   http://bugs.debian.org/502669
>
> I hope this helps everyone pick the options they feel most comfortable with.

There are currently 31 bugs marked lenny-ignore.  As I understand things,
if option 1 makes it all those 31 need to be fixed before we can release
lenny.

Here is the list of bugs and the packages:
 211765 | xorg-server
 368559 | x11proto-gl
 368564 | xorg-server
 382175 | glibc
 383465 | xserver-xorg-video-nv
 391935 | xen-3
 424957 | portmap
 445507 | mklibs
 459705 | pike7.6
 477060 | texlive-base
 477751 | sgml-base
 483217 | texlive-base
 488895 | lucene2
 491354 | texlive-extra
 492699 | fakeroot
 494007 | linux-2.6
 494009 | linux-2.6
 494010 | linux-2.6
 494308 | linux-2.6
 495256 | cacao-oj6
 498475 | net-snmp
 498476 | libsmi
 498631 | linux-2.6
 501152 | linux-2.6
 501153 | linux-2.6
 502663 | linux-2.6
 502665 | linux-2.6
 502666 | linux-2.6
 502667 | linux-2.6
 502668 | linux-2.6
 502669 | linux-2.6

Note that 2 of them (488895 - lucene2, 495256 - cacao-oj6) have been
fixed in unstable but not in lenny.

Kurt