Re: The firmware GR

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 10:36 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think d-d-a is meant to be used as a forum, but since others are
> doing so, I guess it's fine if I join.
>
> > With these hopefully solid plans in place for the release, we feel the
> > need to acknowledge that there is an ongoing vote whose outcome could
> > potentially disrupt them.
>
> Luk is referring to 11 bugs in linux-2.6 which all have a 'patch' tag, and
> which the maintainers have been ignoring so far.
[...]

This is partly because they've had very little testing.  Some of the
testing showed serious bugs, which I believe I have now fixed, but
others may well still be present.

Again, for anyone who wants to test the latest versions of these patches
(which I have not mailed individually to the bugs, sorry), see
http://people.debian.org/~benh/firmware-removal/

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence.