Re: Possibly excessive lintian warnings (was: NEW processing)

Paul Wise wrote:

> The best solution would just be to drop most -dbg packages, drop
> maintainer-uploaded binary packages (using the buildd built packages
> instead), install the dh_strip from debug.d.n on all the buildds and
> get people to use -dbgsym packages from debug.d.n.

a) That doesn't solve the dependencies problem.

b) There are lots of packages missing at debug.d.n, and they only keep one
package version. It isn't a drop-in replacement.

c) What's the point on using a separate server when we have mirrors?

d) We don't need debug symbols for every package out there.

Cheers,
Raphael Geissert