Re: Possibly excessive lintian warnings (was: NEW processing)

On 2008-12-04, Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using ORed depends, I forgot to say.

How would OR'ed depends work?

let us look at a example:

package: kdepim-dbg
depends: korganizer (= ${binary:Version})|kaddressbook (=${binary:version})
version: 4.1.3-1

now, I install korganizer 4.1.3-1 and kdepim-dbg.
later, 4.1.3-2 gets uploadde and I install kaddressbook.
korganizer still fulfills the kdepim-dbg version.
thus, the user is not anywhere better satisfied than before.

The only thing that would work would be if dpkg and apt supported
Conflicts: korganizer (!= $binary:Version), but that is as far as I can
read in policy not valid, so I also don't expect the tools to support
it.

/Sune