Re: system users

OoO En cette  matinée pluvieuse du samedi 15  novembre 2008, vers 10:16,
Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de> disait :

>> On  some  systems  like  OpenBSD,  all those  users  are  starting  with
>> underscore to avoid  collision with real users. On  Debian, I have never
>> seen  this, even  for packages  that comes  from OpenBSD  (like openntpd
>> which uses "ntpd"). Is there some drawbacks with underscore?

> This has been discussed a couple of times, but IIRC without definitive
> conclusion. "Debian-" and "debian-" seem to be as prefixes as well.
> Maybe it is easiest to just go with something that is popular among
> existing packages you care about.

On  systems that  I have  access to,  there is  Debian-exim and  no user
starting with underscore. However, I  have a lot of system users without
special prefixes.  Do you have  some popular packages with a system user
starting with "debian-" in mind?
--
No fortunes found