system users

Hi!

,----[ http://wiki.debian.org/AccountHandlingInMaintainerScripts ]
| A collision free way to  name system accounts should really be mentioned
| in Debian policy to stop this uncontrolled growth of different methods.
`----

Is it  any progress on  this matter? While  more and more  daemon become
unprivileged or "privilege separation"-able, we get more and more system
users.

On  some  systems  like  OpenBSD,  all those  users  are  starting  with
underscore to avoid  collision with real users. On  Debian, I have never
seen  this, even  for packages  that comes  from OpenBSD  (like openntpd
which uses "ntpd"). Is there some drawbacks with underscore?

Thanks.
--
# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        2.4.0 linux/drivers/char/cp437.uni