Re: screenshots.debian.net goes beta

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:02:24AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> IMO the BTS has taught us that SOAP is the good way to go, on top of
> that we can have whatever programming language API we need.

I'd agree that it's tought us the value of *an* API, but I (at least)
have yet to love SOAP. Excerpt from debgtd:

        def reload_backend(self, bugs):
                model = self.model
                # fetch the details of all of these bugs
                # christ, someone point me at something which will make the
                # following clear.
                foo = self.server.get_status(bugs)[0]
                if 1 == len(bugs):
                        # work around debbts unboxing "feature"
                        hash = foo['value']._asdict()
                        if hash['id'] in model.bugs:
                                bug = model.bugs[hash['id']]
                                model.update_bug(hash)

I might just be being stupid, and one layer of boxing was conditional
and is actually a design feature of BTS in particular, but I couldn't
believe how many layers of dicts-inside-lists-inside-something-else
there were for various queries.

--
Jon Dowland