Re: screenshots.debian.net goes beta
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:05:32PM +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
> Have fun and let me know what you think.
Thank you for this; it looks very nice!
Some quick comments:
* don't list packages with only pending screenshots in the list of
screenshots. There's a few packages at the moment listed as " 0
(1 waiting for approval)" which just clutter the list, since there's
nothing to see yet :)
* There are 14 pages and the navigation is truncated to 'Page: 1 2 3 ..
14 >'. Could you (optionally) display links to all pages? Or alter
the number of results per page (increase, or make user configurable)?
* an optional list of packages with screenshots which displayed the
thumbnail would be nice.
* It would be nice if the homepage column pointed at something more
Debian specific, e.g. the packages page. I was going to suggest the
PTS page, but of course that's developer-oriented and this is
user-oriented. packages.debian.org/foo shows more useful info for
existing Debian users, and includes the homepage from the control
field where available.
* what does the search field operate on? A search for 'games' shows up
gridlock.app which contains 'games' in the short description, and is
in category games. I'm not sure which it matched on. If only the
short text, it would be nice to search on other criteria.